These rules are subject to be changed at any time without prior notice.
Forum moderators and administrators can make exceptions on these rules as they see fit.
Consequences for breaking the rules vary.
1. General rules
These rules apply everywhere in the community.
1. Respect other people. This includes everyone; using any messaging system. We do not want or tolerate disrespect or discrimination in any way or form within Mobius. More info here.
2. Everyone gets a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes or screws up at one point and regrets it afterwards. There are a lot of players who screwed up in another community looking for another chance. Mobius gives them the opportunity to make a new start and as a member you should do the same.
3. Administrators are here to help you and enhance your overall experience. If you need help with anything or have a question you can always ask an administrator to help you. Listen to directions being given to you by administrators. Note that all administrators are here voluntary during their spare time and do not get anything from this. If they are busy and canít help you, please be patient.
Do not impersonate an administrator or any other position of the staff.
4. Administrators decisions are final. If you do not agree with a decision you can either contact a higher administrator or post it on the forum. This is strictly enforced. TRY not to bother the community leader with stuff that any other admin can do.
5. Use your common sense. Act to others as you would want them to act towards you. Just because doing something in specific might not be listed on the rules doesn't necessarily give you the authority to do it.
6. There's a fine line between harmless joking and trolling, discriminating, showing disrespect or otherwise violating the rules of MGS. As there's no way to write down what qualifies as crossing the line, it falls to the administration team and the forum owner to judge what crosses the line.
1. Do not postwhore.
2. Do not necropost.
3. Do not make duplicate threads.
4. Do not double post.
5. Read the stickies in each sub-forum before you post. They may contain extra rules for that section in specific.
6. Do not post (or in some situations; discuss) material that can be considered offensive or inappropriate on the forums. This includes but is not limited to: Pornography, excessive violence, blood, gore, terrorism, piracy, racism. While not offensive or inappropriate, please refrain from discussing religion or your views on religion.
7. Do not advertise products, servers, other communities or websites, through any forum; post, name or signature. This is very frowned upon and will most likely result in a permanent ban unless you have a good reason behind it.
8. Try to limit the amount of image macros you use outside of Landfill. If an image macro is not relevant or appropriate, it will be deleted.
9. If you are suspected of causing eDrama that threatens the stability of the community, you will be immediately muted. An admin will contact you right away to sort out the issue.
10. My Little Pony posts and threads must be confined to the pony megathread. Any posts outside of this thread will be locked or merged and the user privately contacted.
11. Don't leak any information from any private board unless you have permission from that board's moderator/forum administrator.
When you see someone breaking the rules on the forum, use the report button to report the post and notify the administrators, or PM an administrator.
1. Do not spam or make loud/annoying noises.
2. Use the correct channel.
3. You have the ability to create temporary channels. Feel free to use that ability.
4. If you make your own channel, make it under the "User Made Channels" spacer.
Forum Rules 6 and 7 apply as Teamspeak rules.
When you notice someone breaking the rules on the Teamspeak, notify a teamspeak administrator or record/screenshot the violation.
Please read this for more information:
Word Explanations/Term Definitions:
Postwhore: Postwhoring is when you post something just to get a higher post count. Short posts not contributing to the thread can be considered postwhoring. Only post when you have something useful to add to the thread.
Necropost: Necroposting is when you bump old or solved threads without a good reason. So before you post make sure you check when the last post has been made and whether or not the thread has been resolved already.
Duplicate Threads: If you want to make a new thread, make sure there isnít a thread on that subject already. Use the search function to make sure you donít miss something.
Doublepost: If you post something, do not post again directly after your last message. There is an edit tool which you can use to add new content.
Spamming on Teamspeak: Spamming includes, but is not limited to: flooding, playing music, repeatedly switching channels/rejoining, spamming chat, repeatedly poking people etc.
Correct Channel: If you are AFK, switch to the AFK channel. If you are playing a game switch to a gaming channel or the channel for that specific game. People in the public channel may want to talk about something else then the game you are playing. Server admins will switch you to another channel if you are in the wrong one (so donít argue or get pissed off when they do).
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
Please note that the registration agreement applies as forum rules and will get you banned if you break it.